Bored at home? Missing the mountains? Want to travel but afraid of Covid-19? Do you want to know How can you travel to Uttarakhand in Covid-19?
If you are a mountain lover like me then here is good news for you all. The Uttarakhand state government has lifted all travel restrictions on inter-state and inter-district travel. It has also lifted all restrictions for international travellers. It means you can now finally have some quality time with your loved once in the beautiful state of Uttrakhand in Covid-19.
However, before planning the trip you need to know certain things about the guidelines issued by the authorities.
The guidelines that were issued on 2 July 2020 states that anybody entering the state from other parts of the country will have to upload their COVID-19 test report on the official website of the state.
The state has opened tourism but kept safety first.
A person travelling to Uttarakhand will have to do certain things.
Here are the things you need to know before travelling to Uttrakhand.
Inter-State Travel: Uttarakhand in Covid-19
All the travellers coming into Uttrakhand will have to register on this website. They will have to provide all the necessary details like contact number, your travelling plan, covid19 RT- PCR test report (COVID-19 negative report) from ICMR authorized lab etc.
Travellers will be expected to have hard copies of the medical information when they arrive in the state. Travellers would also be expected to have the Arogya Setu app downloaded on their phones.
The district authorities will be verifying your medical reports during the time of entry at all border check posts.
The covid19 negative test report should not be of more than 72 hours.
Points to Remember:
- A person with a negative test report can visit all public places and destinations across Uttarakhand without any restrictions.
- Char Dham Yatra will be available only to the residents of Uttarakhand until further orders.
- There are no restrictions for the Guests to attend the wedding ceremony in the state. However, upon their arrival. But they will have to take a written undertaking (self-declaration form) to indicate their place of stay and marriage venue to the management of Banquet Hall/Hotel. They will not be allowed to visit any public places apart from the place of marriage during their entire stay.
- The management of Banquet Hall/ Community Hall will have to ensure proper thermal screening of all employees and guests before their entry. Also, maintain a proper record of the guests. They shall ensure adherence of guidelines related to safety and social distancing issued by MOHFW, Government of India.
- The asymptomatic tourists without Covid-19 negative certificates can enter the state but should have a minimum booking for 7 days in a hotel. They will have to stay within the premises of the same hotel for 7 days. Post that they can visit the public places across the state.
Uttarakhand Hotels: Uttarakhand in Covid-19
Uttarakhand is allowing all hotels, homestays and B&Bs outside of containment zones to open. The travellers from other states without a negative test report will have to book a minimum stay of 7 days.
Only guests who can produce a negative COVID-19 test result no older than 72 hours will be allowed. Also, only these guests who have recent negative COVID-19 tests results will be allowed to visit local tourist sites. The guests can order drinks from the room service menu as the hotel bars will still have to remain close.
Restaurants, Malls and Markets: Uttarakhand in Covid-19
As lockdown restrictions are now eased, the restaurants, malls and market can now open for longer. Restaurants can be open from 7 am till 9 pm, while malls and marketplaces can be open between 7 am and 8 pm.
Temples in Uttarakhand: Uttarakhand in Covid-19
The temples in Uttarakhand are now finally open. The temples are allowed to open between 7 am and 8 pm. The popular Char Dham Yatra has already started but is only available to the residents of Uttarakhand.
Inter-district travellers: Uttarakhand in Covid-19
As of now, the inter-district travellers have been exempted from quarantine, but they will have to register on the website before their journey. One will be allowed to stay as long as they want.
However, homestays or hotels are required to take bookings from tourists for a minimum of 7 days.
This was all in this travel guide for “UTTARAKHAND in Covid-19: Things You Need to Know Before Traveling”.
Wish you a very Happy Journey and Keep reading our blog for some amazing content related to more travelling.
For any type of query or information feel free to drop it on our Contact Us Page.
Made up your mind to visit Uttarakhand? See the top places to visit in Uttarakhand.